Thursday, April 10, 2014

Homemade Finger Paint!

Thanks to Pinterest I found some easy to make Edible Finger Paints.

I made the paints last night and then this afternoon the kiddos and I enjoyed painting with them. They had a weird texture to them. And I don't think that they tasted very well. I managed to keep Lyric from eating it. But with Michael.... That was a little harder. He managed to sneak a little taste here and there. And he wasn't too into painting. He did stick his fingers in it a couple of times, but didn't really paint on the paper. I knew that he was getting tired because as Lyric was finishing up he was rubbing his eyes and his face. And can you imagine what happened when he started to rub his face. The paint that was on his hands went straight to his face and his eyes. I wasn't able to get a good picture of his face after he rubbed his face. 


Lyric loved the paints. She didn't want to stop. :) It is going to be another go to paint in the future. I think that she liked the feel of them. She would scoop the blob of paint up that I put on her paper and would smear it across her paper. Then she started to mix all the paints in her hands and then would go about and make her masterpiece.


The Recipe:
1/2 C Cornstarch
3-4 Tbsp Sugar
2 C Water

Mix in a saucepan over low-medium heat until it becomes thick but smooth. Let cool. Scoop into bowls or cups and add food coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment