Friday, May 31, 2013

My Baby Girl

Lyric Anne...

My world changed on Thursday, November 25, 2010. It was Thanksgiving afternoon that my daughter, Lyric decided to make her debut into the world. Changing my life forever. It was one of the hardest nights/mornings of my life. I went into active labor on Wednesday night. I was having contractions for three days before I finally got the okay to go into my birthing center to have Lyric. My midwife kept saying that my contractions weren't close enough or that they weren't strong enough. Although, I thought that they were close and strong enough to go in. But, I listened to my midwife. I was in active labor all night of the 24th and all morning of the 25th. It was about eleven that morning that I decided that I couldn't go all natural anymore. I wasn't dilating anymore past 9 cm and decided that it was time for me to transfer to the hospital. And, boy am I glad that I did. I got the epidural, fell asleep for about and hour to hour and a half and then about 45 minutes later Lyric made her debut at

1:49 pm.
Weighing 7 pounds 9 ounces
Length 20 and 1/4 inches

 

I have a relatively easy going two year old baby girl. Although, she really isn't a baby anymore. She is my baby girl. She is a very independent young girl who wants to do everything for herself. She can dress herself and put her shoes on and on the correct feet. She is such a good girl. She goes to bed relatively easy around 9:30 and sleeps through the night and gets up anywhere between 5:30 and 9:00. 

She almost always wakes up and goes to her door and calls, "daddy" "mommy." That is our cue to get up and start the day. Sometimes she will wake up in the morning and just play in her room for a while. I  love just laying in bed awake and listening to her play. She will sing and play with her baby dolls. Then, when she is ready to get up and eat breakfast she goes to her door and calls for mommy or daddy.

She isn't really a picky eater. She loves her fruits and her veggies. But some meats are harder for us to get her to eat. We went to Costco the other day and bought pears and bananas. She ate three pears, yes, three pears in one day and a pear a day after that. She loves her oranges, apples, and bananas as well. She is always wanting to eat fruit. 

Oh, and cheese. She loves her cheese as well.

Although, she is a really good girl, she hates to calm down enough to relax and take her nap. Once she gets settled down though, she goes to sleep and takes a good nap. 

She is going to be a great mommy one day. She sure does love her baby dolls and her baby brother. She seems to not be able to get enough of her baby brother. She is almost always by his side playing with him in some way. Whether it be playing with him on the floor or hiding behind the wall while he is in his bouncer or just sitting beside him playing with him while he is playing in his bouncer. 

She loves to sing, pat, kiss, hug, and dance with her baby dolls and her stuffed animals. Especially her giant Tigger and giant Sock Monkey.

She is one of the lights of my eyes. I love her and her brother more than life itself. I would give anything for them. 

I think that Lyric looks like her daddy. What do you think?

She's got beautiful light brown, and curly hair, dark brown eyes, and skinny long legs. 

My baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment