Friday, December 16, 2011

Five Question Friday #26





1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received?
The best Christmas present that I ever received would probably be the digital picture frame that my mom got me for Christmas last year.

2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received?
Hmm... I don't know about this one. With being involved with Jobs Daughters for so many years and one part of each meeting we had we had a White Elephant gift that we did each week. And I got it a few times. I can't remember which one I had was the funniest. 

3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years)?
This year our tree was plain and simple. And I very much like it that way. We had white lights and green and red ornaments that had three different style bulbs but each set matched just different colors. Although, we did have a few Winnie the Pooh ornaments and other "milestone/special" ornaments. Next year I think we are going to get a small Christmas tree for our little window opening that is in our dining/den area and put all our special ornaments on it and keep our big tree uniform and simple.

4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc.
It all depends. If it can go into the dryer, I will throw it in the dryer for a while or have Chris iron it.

5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? (I'm looking for recipes here, peeps...)
I really didn't bake this year for Christmas. I made my grama's really yummy hamburger soup and lots and lots of cookies and kiss pies for Christmas gifts for our neighbors and friends.



Kiss Pies

1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed
14 Hershey Kisses of choice
1 egg white whisked with 1 Tbsp water
Powdered sugar/Granulated sugar for dusting
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Roll out pie dough onto a lightly floured counter top.  Place 10 kisses around the edges of pie dough, about 2 1/2 inches apart.  Take a knive and cut a 2 1/2-3 inch circle around kiss.  Fold half of pie dough around top of dough and pinch edge around top of kiss.  Now, fold up both sides of remaining dough up to the tip of the kiss pinching edge.  Now press together edges and form criss cross as shown in photo, step 3. * *Continue cutting dough around kisses until all dough is used up.  I got about 14 rounds cut when I re-rolled my scraps :) **
2.  Brush all little pies with an egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar.  Bake for 20-28 minutes or until little pies are golden.  Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Dust each with powdered sugar and serve.
about 14 little pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment