Tuesday, September 13, 2011

10 Years Ago...

As Sunday marked the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I am moved and also honored by all the men and women who lost their lives in the terrifying events that happened on that day. I am very grateful for all the firemen and everyone/anyone who risked their lives that day to help those who were in need of help.

I was wanting to watch History Channel's 102 Minutes that Changed America. But the day just didn't go as planned and I missed it all three times that it showed. I did watch very little of the live coverage of the ceremony at the memorial of Ground Zero. A place that I plan to visit in the future. Hopefully sooner than later. 
Now that I am an adult, a mother, and a Marine Wife I believe that if I were to watch this documentary that it would be a totally different experience now, as I was only ten almost eleven when I witnessed these terrifying events.

Since Sunday, I have gone over and over in my head trying to remember where I was on that morning of September 11, 2001. And all I can remember is I was either at school or heading to school. I was in the fourth grade. I don't remember where I was exactly when I found out about the attacks. All I do remember is that I was thankful that I didn't know anyone that was in New York at the time of the attacks. And that may be a little selfish of me, but I was glad that I didn't have anyone over there. 

Since I have moved to Virginia from Idaho, I don't have the same radio stations as I did back home. And one of those stations being 89.5 KTSY. And I was unable to hear, I wouldn't call it a song, but more of a poem I would say. And while forgetting about it until this evening I have found it and have watched it a few times. This video gives me both the goosebumps and makes me teary eyed at the same time. For the past ten years I have listened to this poem and watched the video. And every time that I watch it and/or hear it I cry. 


So, I am going to share it with you.
 WE WILL NEVER FORGET...
...and we will be FOREVER GRATEFUL

No comments:

Post a Comment