Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge 2.12.14


1. What makes love last?
A sense of humor (or warped, like Chris and mine), a forgiving heart, seeing the best in your other significant rather than all that bothers.

2. The Beatles made their U.S. debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?
I am, a bit. My favorite tunes are Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, Let It Be, Hello, Goodbye, and I Want to Hold Your Hand.

3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?
It's really just another day. Another day that people spend money for the special people in their lives. I don't set high expectations for the day. We don't really celebrate much. We've gone out and exchanged cards. We usually get cards for our parents/grandmas. I don't really expect anything special from the people I love. I think a card is plenty. :)

4. Steak or burger...you have to choose? Now that that's settled, how do you like it?
Burger. Well done. No pink!

5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birth-date (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power." Do you agree? Why or why not?
Agree... Power seems to change people. And not always in the good ways.

6. Honest Abe's picture in on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been proposed suggesting just that, but neither were approved. What say you?
I use them when couponing. I don't think that it would bother me much if the penny were to stop being made.

7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
No, not really.

8. Insert your own random thought here-
I wish I were able to watch some of the Olympics. :( But don't want to try to to find everything on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment