Wednesday, January 1, 2014

30 Days of Me Challenge (Day 1)

Day 1: List 10 random facts about yourself.

1. I wore glasses until about half way through middle school then got contacts. 

2. I got a perm in middle school, at the time I believe I liked it, but when I look back at pictures, I can't believe that I did that. I look back at a picture and can't believe how curly my hair was! It was crazy curly! 

3. My grama chipped one of my front teeth on her kitchen sink while coloring my hair. I don't remember exactly what we were doing at the time, if we were playing around or not. But I believe we were rinsing the color out of my hair and I went into the edge of the sink.

4. I am working on getting my degree in Early Childhood Education. I am wanting to teach in any grade between pre-k and 1st or 2nd grade.

5. I volunteered in the activity department in local nursing homes for as long as I can remember. My mom has worked in a nursing home since I can remember. I can remember two nursing homes that I have volunteered in. I also got my first job in one of the nursing homes that I volunteered in. I worked at this nursing home all through high school, up until the time that I left to have my baby girl.

6. I want to grow my hair out as long as I can, but I keep chopping it all off every spring/summer. My hair is so dark and thick that it gives me headaches, and to get rid of the headaches in the heat, I cut my hair and color it so that it is lighter.

7. In our closets all our hangers have to be facing the same way along with our clothing all facing the same direction. I prefer to have all plastic hangers, but if I happen to have some metal hangers I use those for my hubby's uniforms. It also drives me crazy when my hubby leaves his empty hangers hanging between his clothes on his side of the closet.

8. Every morning when my kiddos wake up, I make sure that I make their beds and all their toys are put away and all their stuffed animals are nicely put. 

9. I love the classic Disney movies like Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, and The Little Mermaid. I can watch these kind of movies every day, all day with my kiddos. I don't know that I care for a lot of the newer Disney movies. Don't get me wrong... They are still good, I just don't think that they are as good for our younger kids, they are more family friendly, which is still a very good thing. :)

10. Before going to bed every night, I have to have my living areas clean. I make sure that the kids toys are put away where they go, how they go, and correctly. I also have to have all my blankets nicely folded and put on the sofas nicely. If I have the time, I also make sure that all my dishes are clean or at least rinsed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment