Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday 9 - I Will Always Love You


1. The Bodyguard is the best-selling movie soundtrack ever and this is the song most often associated with Whitney Houston. Is it on you iPod/mp3 player?
No, it isn't. But I love this song. :)

2. In the movie, Rachel (Whitney) sings "I Will Always You" after she realizes she can never see Frank (Kevin Costner) again. What song reminds you of a past love?
"Girls Don't Like Boys" by Good Charlotte reminds me of my very first love. 

3. Despite the movie's and the song's overwhelming popularity, Whitney Houston was awarded a Razzie Award as the worst actress of 1992. What's the most recent criticism you received?
Hmm.. The most recent criticism that I received? I can't remember. Must not have bothered me.

4. On the bright side, share the last compliment you received.
I think the last compliment that I received was something along the lines of Lyric behaving while out and about.

5. In the 1980's when Whitney first burst onto the scene, a trendy woman wore big hair, big bows and big shoulder pads. Can you think of anything you wore that was fashionable at the time, but looking back, makes you cringe? (An embarrassing photo to accompany your answer would be nice!)
I think it would be the time that I got a perm. I had long and thick hair. I thought at the time that I really liked it. But now, when I think back, I can't believe that I did it. Sorry, I don't have a picture.

6. When this song was popular, cell phones were uncommon and Facebook was unheard of. Which has had a bigger impact on your life -- smart phones or social networking ?
I think cell phones, as I was big into sports and extra curricular activities and needed to be able to get in contact with my mom. Not necessarily smart phones. I wasn't that into them for a long time along with social networking. The only reason I really got into social networking was to keep in touch with friends. And at the time that was MySpace. I still have it, but don't remember my login stuff. Now it's Facebook and Blogging and most of that is for my family and friends since I live across the country from them. 

7. Whitney's marriage to Bobby Brown left many people shaking their heads. Whitney and Bobby's daughter recently married the young man who was raised as her brother. Have you ever been in a relationship your friends/family didn't approve of?
Yes, there have been a few relationships that my family didn't approve of. 

8. Whitney Houston's grave marker reads, "I Will Always Love You," so obviously her family is very proud of the success of this recording. How would you like to be remembered?
I don't know how I want to be remembered. I just hope that my family and friends know that I love them.

9. Whitney was born in Newark, the largest city in New Jersey. It's a major air, rail, and shipping hub, and it's in the Eastern Time Zone. Have you ever been to Newark ... or any town in New Jersey?
Nope, never been. But I would love to go. I want to go to Carlo's bakery and get some of their delicious desserts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment