1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen.) Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2014-
selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, _____on steroids, the suffixes -ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words -intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words -adversity and fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
Twerk/twerking and hashtag.
2. What on unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
Get my mirrors and candles re-hung on my dinning room walls. It's been a few months since I have taken them down to mount the t.v.
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
I made Hamburger soup for dinner on Monday, and we are going to have leftovers of it for dinner tonight. It is homemade with lots of fresh vegetables and some hamburger mixed in. I put more veggies than I do anything else. I think that Hamburger soup is my favorite. I got the recipe from my Grama.
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job... which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
I think the Shrek movies are some of the funniest ones. I've seen Frozen a few times and their are parts in the movie that make me laugh out loud.
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?
Maybe a little.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune to you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
I don't think that I would say that I am an Elvis fan. I don't mind him and his music. I actually like a few songs. "Can't Help Falling in Love" is my all time favorite.
8. Insert your own random thought here.