Friday, January 3, 2014

Making 2014 Count

Hope you are having a great start to the New Year! I know I have. My hubby went back to work today for the first time in almost two whole weeks. It has been really nice! I was getting used to him being home. Didn't want to see him go back to work this morning. And our little girl was bummed this morning to find that daddy had to go back to work.

I was browsing blogs this afternoon when I came across a link up. If you care to join head over to The Wiegands and find out how to join in the fun.

1. What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year, and what is your plan for making it happen?

A goal that I have set for the New Year is to be more active on my blog. I want to make it like a journal about our daily lives and what the kids are up to and how they are growing. I want it to be something that my family back home can go to and read daily and know how the kiddos are doing. My plan to make this happen is by taking time every night after the kiddos go to bed and write. Even if it is just a couple of sentences.
Something that I would like to change is to work more every day with Lyric on her speaking and counting/abc's. We work on it weekly, but I would love it if I could work with her more on it on a daily basis. My plan for making this happen is to find a time in the day, preferably while Mikey is napping to spend at least fifteen minutes working with her.

2. Many people choose a word to reflect on, live by, or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it, and how you hope to incorporate it into 2014.

The word that I am going to live by is to be Healthy. I decided on this word because I have said for a while now that I would like to drink more water, walk more, and fix better meals with less junk foods. My plan is to fix more meals with more vegetables and fresh foods more than anything else, and to broaden our meals more. I want to try more meals out instead of always fixing the same 5 or 6 meals that I am always fixing. I bought new cookbooks that use more fresh vegetables and are already portioned for two meals. Which would be perfect for me and Chris. The meals that I make now can serve up to 6 people and when we have that much at the table, we seem to go for seconds and sometimes thirds of whatever we are eating because it is already there and ready to eat. I am fine with leftovers, but sometimes we don't end up with much for leftovers. I also want to have more of a variety when we eat. I want to have an actual meal when we sit down to eat instead of our main dish. Which is what we usually have. I want to have side dishes as well. As long as they are still on the healthy side. :) I want to go for more walks on a daily basis. Be active in general. Take the kids outside and let them run around when it isn't to dang cold for them. I would like to get back into the habit of going to the mall or outdoor strip mall every weekend where we just walk around and window shop. :) It's always fun to get out into the fresh air and window shop. 

3. I will make 2014 count by...

living in the moment. I will try not to worry too much about what needs to be done and just enjoy the moments. Time goes by so quickly, my babies aren't going to be babies forever. They are growing up in the blink of my eye. I wish that I could freeze or slow down time, but I can't. The only think that I can do is to live in the moment and enjoy every second that I have with them and remember these moments while they are little and take as many pictures as I can. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment