Monday, January 6, 2014

30 Days of Me Challenge (Day 6)

Day 6: What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

I think one of the hardest things that I have experienced is when I moved away from home to start my own family in Virginia. Well, I had already started my family. I had gotten married and had Lyric but I wasn't with Chris. Chris was finishing all his training for the Marines. I was living at home with his parents while he was finishing school and what-not. When he graduated from his MOS school he got his orders and we found out that we were going to be moving to the other side of the country, the East Coast. Virginia, to be exact. 

It was the morning/early afternoon of March 23rd. I was all packed and ready to go. My grama took everyone out to breakfast. My mom and brothers and sisters all gave me cards and gifts for Lyric and myself and then we headed to the airport. Before heading to the airport I told my Uncle Ted goodbye as he had to go to work. I got their plenty early so that I could get through security and spend a little extra time before going through security to spend with the family. 

I think it was hardest to say goodbye to my grama. She ended up having to leave a little earlier because she couldn't handle it, which I understood. She did well though not to cry. Then came time to tell everyone else goodbye. I told my mom and siblings goodbye, and then Chris' parents. I told my mom not to cry, and guess what she does? She cries. I try not to cry. That didn't go too well. 

So, then, I headed through security, got through. My family continuously waved to me and Lyric while we went through security. Once we got through we waved our final goodbyes.

I got to our gate and sat down and gave my grama a call. We talked for awhile. Then she started to cry. And then I started to cry. It was so hard to leave my grama behind. She is my rock and the person that I can always go to to rant to. We have talked almost everyday since I have moved to Virginia. I can't go a whole day without hearing her voice. I always look forward to our phone calls. :)

This may have been one of the hardest things that I have ever done. But it was the best thing for my little family. Lyric needs to be with her daddy and I needed to be with Chris. It was just nice that I got to stay near family while he was doing all his schooling and training for the Marine Corps.

No comments:

Post a Comment